- Florida’s Big Dig: the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway from Jacksonville, Fla. to Miami, Fla., 1881-1935 (Cocoa, Fla.: Florida Historical Society Press, 2007).
- Richard Schermerhorn, Jr.” in Pioneers of American Landscape Design, Vol. II, eds. Charles A. Birnbaum, FASLA, and Stephanie Foell, University of Virginia Press, 2009.
- “The Long Hard Fight for Equal Rights: a History of Broward County’s Colored Beach and the Fort Lauderdale Beach ‘Wade-ins of the Summer of 1961”, Tequesta LXVII (2007).
- “The Papers of Albert Sawyer and the Development of the Florida East Coast, 1892 to 1912,” Tequesta LXII (2002).
- “Richard Schermerhorn, Jr., New York Engineer and Landscape Architect: Fort Lauderdale’s First City Planner,” Broward Legacy (Summer/Fall 1998).
- “A History of Florida’s East Coast Canal,” Broward Legacy (Summer/Fall, 1997).
- Joan Mickelson, Joseph W. Young, Jr., and the City Beautiful: a Biography of the Founder of Hollywood, Florida (Charleston, S.C.: McFarland, 2013), as reviewed in Florida Historical Quarterly (Fall 2014): pp. 113-116.